Facebook

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Timeless Treasure #3 - Full Wide Cases

Still talking about storage!  And one of my favorite go to items is a SU! item!  I am a super huge fan of the Full Wide stamp cases (127551) found in the "Stampin' Accessories" section of the annual catalog.  What do I use these for, you ask?  All kinds of stuff! They were originally designed by SU! to store wood-mounted stamps. Now they are used by many for so much more.  I use them to store bling, my "chopped paper," projects, oh what the heck - check out the photos!

  

I like to keep my bling close at hand so the bling cases sit on my desk. I store smaller projects in some of the cases, like the one for my Breast Cancer cards (I also keep my breast cancer postage stamps in the case with the cards.) And all the little stamp sets from my Paper Pumpkin subscriptions I keep in these boxes. (I have an Excel spreadsheet with all the sentiments so I know right where to find them!)




I save retired DSP for use in my Stamp-a-Stack classes. I have a number of customers who have no desire to purchase anything or stamp on their own - using retired DSP is perfect for these events. I know exactly which box to grab when designing a card. 





Kylie Bertucci is a fellow SU! demonstrator in Australia and is the creator of #loveitchopit - a concept which I am working to adapt into my own process.  The above collections of DSP are in the current catalog (except the retired Painted Seasons) and I've "chopped" all the paper from the entire 12 x 12 package to fit in the cases.  You can get the .pdf case inserts from her website for free. (See link in right sidebar.)  I'll post something about Kylie's #loveitchopit when I've mastered it!





And if you have access to a drill and a hardware store you can make this cute case as a gift. You can store your class kit in here to take with you to your classes or just to store some of your favorite toys. Add some DSP and a tag to personalize. This was a gift from my up-line Sara Cimbaro. 

1 comment:

  1. Great idea to keep all the bling in these cases. I have bling everywhere! I will be using your techniques in my own craft room.

    ReplyDelete