Facebook

Monday, June 17, 2019

Timeless Treasures #1 - Magnetic Sheets

I think I like organizing my treasures almost as much as I like creating one of a kind cards to share with my loved ones.  I thought I'd start to share some of the best products I've found and links to their websites. I'll try to remember to put the link to their websites (I'm an avid online shopper!) on the right sidebar of this blog under favorite links.  The link for discount magnet has been there for a long while!

A large number of my stamp collection are from Stampin' Up! Makes sense, right, me being a demonstrator and all?  I love the cases in which the stamps are packaged - their slim design is important for space saving purposes.  I also like the fact that they are 5 x 7 and will also store a magnetic sheet on which I store my dies. (I almost ALWAYS purchase the stamps and dies as a bundle!)

The below photo is an example of how I store my dies/stamps. This is the SU! Colorful Seasons stamps and the Seasonal Layers coordinating dies. Note the yellow label on the magnet sheet. This is the name of the die set and the number "17" indicates how many dies are in the set. (I've been known to accidentally throw away a die and this makes it simple for me to determine if there is a missing die.



The photo below is the backside of the magnet sheet. I cut the image from a retired catalog and adhere it on the backside so I know exactly which dies are in the set and what I'm searching for when one is missing from the count!



Thanks Donna Cipriano for the resource! 


Discountmagnet.com, I feel, offers a fair price for the magnets and I typically purchase either in sets of 25 or 50.  Tomorrow's Darling Gem will be storage cases!

https://www.discountmagnet.com/

The link below will take you directly to the item.

http://www.discountmagnet.com/products/5-x-7-plain-30-mil-magnet-sheets/

5″ x 7″ Plain 30 mil Magnet Sheets

$7.95 – $53.95
  • 5″ x 7″ Plain Magnet Sheets
  • 30 mil magnet thickness
  • Easy to cut with sharp scissors
  • Plain black on both sides and magnetized on just one side
  • Available in packs of 10, 25, 50 and 100 sheets

5 comments:

  1. Yep, this is the spot to comment to earn 10% off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judi! This is Erin. I have always loved how you place the bundled dies with the coordinating stamps. This is one of my goals as I start working on my craft room in my new house. Thanks for the 10% too. You are the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhh,, you read the entire email!!! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
    2. Kara gave me some of her magnets and I love how it keeps me more organized. Any tips on getting them to stay better on the magnets?

      Delete
    3. There is a right side and a wrong side to the magnets. Try putting the dies on the opposite side to see if that helps. And, FYI, not all dies are created equal. Some are stronger than others.

      Delete