Facebook

Thursday, July 18, 2019

Timeless Treasure # 10 Paper Trimmers




I've been "trimmer challenged" for as long as I can remember.  I've had so many paper trimmers over the years that I can't even begin to count them. I had the Fiskar trimmer first (the blade channel for the old model would become loose over time and then the paper wouldn't cut in a straight line.) and then moved onto the Carl Rotary Trimmer (could only cut one piece of paper at a time).  I've had a number of guillotine trimmers and the worse one had incorrect measurements on the base of the trimmer and every time I trimmed the paper it was off by an 1/8 of an inch. (I called the manufacturer and they said it was within the acceptable margin of error! How can a measuring device have a margin of error???)  I had two Cutterpillar trimmers and both were faulty - they left a fuzzy edge on the paper. (Why did I have two?  The manufacturer sent me a replacement - both of which I threw away.)  I am partial to the guillotine trimmers and I use the Tonic 12 x 12 trimmer below in my craft room as my primary trimmer. I have the Cutterpillar Crop paper trimmer and that has been a phenomenal cutter and I use that when I travel.  I have a small trimmer for photos (Creative Memories) and a smaller version of the Tonic below that I also use for travel.  I had a medium sized Tonic trimmer that I gave to my daughter - which was also a great tool. The heavy duty guillotine cutter at the end of this post I use to cut multiple pieces of paper at a time - usually for class prep.








    Tonic



Cutterpillar CPC-Crop Crop Paper Trimmer   Cutterpillar Crop


X-ACTO Heavy Duty Wood Guillotine Trimmer, 15 Inches  X-acto

No comments:

Post a Comment